Welcome to Year 6
In Year 6, the children will be working hard to revise previous learning. We will also be introducing and exploring new concepts across the curriculum to extend their learning.
In English, we are finding out about the Goliath Bird-Eating Spider. We will use the facts that we find to create a non-chronological report informing the reader how the arachnid becomes a predator and how it protects itself.
Our Maths work will be focusing on units and conversions of measurements. For help with Maths at home, take a look at Boothville’s Maths blog.
The Amazon Rainforest is our topic this term. We will be discovering the many flora and fauna that can found in the differing layers and what part they play in the food chain. We will be showing off our artistic skills to hide and extend a photo from within the depths of the rainforest using a range of artistic devices.
Our focus in Science will be Electricity. We will be identifying how circuits work, exploring the effects of voltage and comparing variations in how components function
- Hits: 195
The Horrible Histories have been our inspiration for our non-chronological reports this week. We have researched the the found out about the key kings/queens during this time, what food was eaten and what clothes were worn by the rich and poor during the Tudor period and researched the key events from the reign of Henry VII to Elizabeth I.
We then used these layout devices to compare the Tudors to another period of time such as the Rotten Romans and Woeful World War II.
- Hits: 188
- No children or teachers were harmed during the belly laughter experienced after these jokes. We do not however take responsibility for any laughter related injuries.
- Why are ghosts bad liars? Because you can see right through them!
- Why do bikes fall over? Because they are two tyred!
- What do you call a pig that does karate? A pork chop!
- Why did the phone need glasses? Because it lost all it’s contacts
- I can ‘tuna’ piano but I can’t tuna fish
- Why did the kid throw his clock out of the window? Because he wanted to see time fly
- Why don’t they play football games in space? Because there’s no atmosphere
- What do you call a dinosaur that crashes his car? A tyrannosaurusREX